background

Friday, June 28, 2013

"Behold, I make all things new."

I feel like The Lord is weaving His grace and mercy through my life ALL the time, but especially lately. Since starting my new medicine/supplement regimen a few weeks ago, I definitely feel like I am becoming a new person! I will admit, the thought of taking all of these pills, EVERYDAY, scared the crap out of me - it's a little overwhelming!


I know it's still a little early to really feel the affects of all these medications, but here's what I feel lately, whether perceived or real...

-definite mood changes (in a good way)
-fulfilling my wifely duty has become... um better (that's about all I'll say on that)
-most days I feel like I have more energy
-no heart palpitations

Some symptoms I'm still experiencing but hope will go away soon:

-trouble getting to sleep
-excessive tiredness (especially in the morning and afternoon)
-blurred vision
-hair falling out
-weight loss (we can hope right? ha!)

My attempts to eat more Paleo have completely blown up in my face lately :( womp womp! WHY must I love donuts, cookies, ice cream, and French fries? WHYYYY! But alas, we shall try again tomorrow, um well maybe not tomorrow, it's date night tomorrow... we shall try again on Sunday!

Speaking of falling off the wagon... AGAIN, I totally wussed out on the Bikini Body Mommy Challenge - boo! But here's the deal, it's all goin' down on Monday y'all. I begin my half marathon/marathon training on Monday and plan to integrate some kind of cross training work, as well as some weight lifting. It WILL get done. I WILL menu plan. I WILL NOT succumb to the power of the power of the cookie or the French fries, or the twix bar! I WILL be the person I want to be. No excuses. BAM.
 
 
 
See my problem is, if I don't have something specific and easy to follow, I tend to fall off track. For over a year now I have followed the guidelines of Diane Kress's Metabolism Miracle, and it's been easy and manageable. It wasn't until I tried to switch things up that I got derailed. I need something relatively easy to cook for breakfast and lunch that I can make everyday. I don't mind eating the same thing or things day in an day out, I think I need that in order to stay accountable to myself. If I don't have to think about what I am going to eat, then I'm cool - no problem - it's when I begin to stress over food and cooking that things get hairy. So, why not just keep doing what you've been doing then? you may ask. Well, in my attempt to eat cleaner and more "primal", I need to cut out grains, dairy, and processed junk. My former breakfasts consisted of French toast made with low carb bread and Waldon Farms calorie free, carb free, everything free syrup (which there is nothing "clean" about it), and for lunch I would more often than not eat a wrap on a Mission low carb wheat tortilla with laughing cow cheese, deli turkey meat, avocado, cucumber, spinach, and chia seeds. So, now I'm at a loss of what my go to Paleo-ish breakfast and lunch can be? If I could just get that part down, I'd be set! Here's what I've got so far:

Breakfasts
Paleo coconut flour pancakes
Spinach scrambled eggs with bacon
Sausage or Ground Turkey egg scramble
Paleo Cinnamon Bun Muffins (haven't tried these yet)

Lunches
leftovers
salad with grilled chicken
Butter lettuce wraps

Dinners
Pesto Chicken with Cauliflower "Rice" and green beans
Big Salad with Grilled or Rotisserie Chicken
Grilled Veggie and Steak Kebabs
Tacos with ground bison and Butter lettuce
Spaghetti with ground beef, homemade marinara and spaghetti squash

I know there are a MILLION and one websites and cookbooks out there, but it's all just so overwhelming! I think the dinners will be fine - I'll pretty much just cook what I have been cooking, just take out the dairy (cheese). Let's just take a moment to shed a tear for cheese :( Ok, moment over. Moving on. So yeah, I just need to put my big girl panties on and suck it up and just do it!

 
So, that covers my inside and my outside, but I also feel like I have been transforming spiritually lately too. Since (unofficially) joining our church, we have felt so blessed with the Lord bringing amazing people, messages, and worship opportunities into our lives. Several weeks ago I signed up for 2 different women's book studies. The first one is the study of The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian, and can I just say, this book has really opened my eyes and my heart to what being a Christ centered wife really means, and how I can honor God by honoring my husband. It has definitely inspired me to be a better wife, although I'm still waiting for the Power of the Praying Husband book study to surface! The other study I am doing is on the book, Unglued, by Lysa TerKeurst. Boy, did I feel a sense of relief that I'm not the only one about to lose my ever lovin' mind, and come unglued on the daily from stress and my raw emotions! This study has been GREAT - seriously, and not even just as a mom, but as a friend, wife, and just as a member of society. It really shows how you represent God with the way you react and interact with people and how you can use those raw emotions to really glorify God. I highly recommend both of these books! I also plan on reading Ever After by Vicki Courtney after I'm finished with these books.


Anywho, this has been a (not so) quick update on what's been going on in my life lately. I'll leave you with one of my fav songs - especially when sung by JThom at VRBC in Coppell - oh how I miss our old church! The Lord really does make beautiful things out of us!


I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

-Candice

1 comment: