background

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Rock 'n' Roll Half Playlist

So for the past couple days I have been carefully constructing my playlist for this weekend's San Antonio Rock 'n' Roll Half, and here's what I came up with...

RnR Half Jamz

One Direction - Best Song Ever
Jay Z - Holy Grail
Katy Perry - ET
M83 - Midnight City
Jay Z/Kanye - No Church in the Wild
Miley Cyrus - We Can't Stop
Karmin - Brokenhearted
Ke$ha - C'mon
LeCrae - Go Hard
Youngblood Hawke - We Come Running
Fall Out Boy - My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark
Citizen Cope - Let the Drummer Kick
Neon Trees - Everybody Talks
Kanye - Get 'Em High
Flo Rida - Wild Ones
Carrie Underwood - Blown Away
Flo Rida - Club Can't Handle Me
Jay Z - Run This Town
Zedd - Clarity
Walk Off The Earth - Revo
Jay Z/Kanye - Ni**as in Paris
Kanye - Jesus Walks
Young the Giant - My Body
K'naan - Better
Oliy Murs - Troublemaker
LaCrae - Gravity
M.I.A. - Paper Planes
Imagine Dragons - Demons
The Script - Hall of Fame
Mandisa - Overcomer
Selena Gomez - Come & Get It
Sara Bareilles - Brave
Katy Perry - Roar
Jay Z/Kanye - H.A.M.

It comes to 2 hours and 13 minutes and my goal is 2:10, so I better not hear one of these songs, ya feel me?! Hopefully the streets are so loud with kick a$$ music that I won't even need my jamz, but we shall see.

My 12 mile run yesterday was not so great :( It actually turned into a 10 mile run (with literally a 12 min mile pace - ouch!) because I was in such pain. I had gotten the new Mizuno Sayonaras and while I'm sure they are an awesome shoe, it was just too much of a profile drop for my poor feet and ankles to handle! This was the 3rd or 4th run I had done in them, and I just couldn't do it anymore, so I took those babies back and got me some Mizuno Wave Inspire 9s (they are supposed to be most like my Mizuno Wave Nirvanas which they discontinued... awesome).

wish they came in more fun colors, but whatevs it is what it is?
 
Can I just say, Rogue Running in Cedar Park is the BOMB! I do have a little blister on my foot, which I'm hoping with just go away quickly (thanks a lot Sayonaras), and I can just continue right along with my last week of half training. I'm going to break in the new shoes today with my 4 mile run and a little strength training. The guy at Rogue told me that since these shoes are so similar to my Nirvanas that I should be able to run in them this week and be ready to use them on Sunday for the half - score!

In other news, we had family pics over the weekend, including a fun little photo op for our adoption announcements that we plan to include on our Christmas card, I'll give you a teaser... it involves feet - oh my goodness I can't wait, it's going to be so cute! Speaking of adoption stuff, we have completed and submitted our pre-application paperwork! My typed answers came out to 6 pages, Jason's, not even a full page, ha! He's a man of few words :)

OK, so maybe his was a whole page
 
In other news, I decided on a whim to weigh myself yesterday, no particular reason, just curious. And imagine my surprise to see 129.5?! What the what?! Mind you, I have not been lifting (or running much for that matter) in the last few weeks, so that just goes to show you what a liar the scale is. All that number represents is the amount of muscle I have lost in the last few weeks - womp womp! So yes, a part of me was a little excited, but at the end of the day, it doesn't change what you see when you look in the mirror! Gotta lift those weights!

Lifting weights toddler style! Gotta get it in when/where you can!

Hope you all have a fabulous Tuesday! Is it just me or is November flying by at the speed of light?! Cray!

-Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment