background

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Long time no see...

Has it seriously been over 2 weeks (almost 3) since my last post?! Holy crap! Life has a way of getting in the way. I won't bore you with the semantics, but here's a little run down of the last 3 weeks...

-I started subbing for elementary, and I LOVE it!!!!!
-I threw Max and Emma's 3rd birthday party at our house, Choo Choos & Tutus, so cute, I'll have another post about all the deets later.
 
 
 
 
 
-We went to Funky Town (Ft. Worth) for about 5 days for my cousin's wedding and Jason's work, and also got to stay at The Great Wolf Lodge for the kids' birthday (Thanks Gram & Poppy!)... so fun!
 
-I was sick (sinus infection), Jason's birthday, more subbing, soccer practice, soccer games, more subbing...
-Halloween...solo
Photo: So I'm not winning mom of the year this year... I only have an "after" Halloween pic. Womp womp - rollin' solo on Halloween is hard! Missing my partner in crime tonight!
-Jason left for Tampa on business, I took the kids to Mimi and Poppy's (yes they have two Poppys)
-Printed out adoption paperwork and joined Jason in Tampa on Saturday
Yup... it's really happening!!!!
view of the bay from our hotel room
 
I got my toes in the water fire, a$$ in the sand :)
 
Yup... this happened... and it was sinfully delicious!

Didn't venture into the water, but the weather was awesome!
 
 
-Came back home Monday night (sitting on a plane for several hours after running almost 10 miles, um not so much a good idea)

And here we are! I am a about a week and a half away from Half #2, and I gotta tell ya, the second half of my training has been plagued with sickness and injury, to the point that I have had to kiss my dreams of a sub 2 half goodbye :( womp womp! I know I will PR, and am now aiming for a goal time of 2:10, so I'm trying not to beat myself up too much about it. It is what it is. Between my sports hernia, a sinus infection, and recent torrential downpours here in Austin (like 15 inches and massive flooding), it has made getting my runs in a bit difficult. I was able to get in 9.5 miles along the bay while in Tampa, so there's that.
not a bad little view!

My pace wasn't great, but when you haven't run much in about 5 weeks, what can you expect, you know! I took Tuesday off, and got in 3 miles at the gym yesterday, and 6 miles today, so that's progress.

Goals for the next week and half:

Friday - 4 miles
Saturday - 12 miles
Sunday - off
Monday - strength train
Tuesday - 3 miles
Wednesday - off/strength train
Thursday - 6 miles
Friday - 5 miles
Saturday - 3 miles
Sunday - 13 point freakin 1 baby!

I'll probably take a couple days off and pick back up on Thursday. For my marathon training, I am sticking with Hal, and am going to jump right on into his Novice 1 Marathon Training Schedule at week 9. I am going to tweak it just a little to add in 2 extra weeks so that it will take me right up to race day!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

Candice
 

No comments:

Post a Comment