background

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

New favorite recipe: Cilantro Lime Tilapia

So this may be a weekly staple for some of you, but being as I've never been a big fish eater, combined with the fact that cooking fish intimidates the daylights out of me, this has been quite an accomplishment for me as far as my domesticated abilities go ;)

On whim, while Jason was working in Dallas for a week, I decided to try out a few new recipes, I figured if they were awful, at least I'd be the only one to suffer (and I could go grab some Whataburger and not have to hid the evidence!). I set out to the store to buy some fresh caught tilapia, which you should know is no easy task - what's a girl got to do to get a fish that was caught here
instead of here


So yeah, here's the recipe I made, and have since made several times for the fam, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

Cilantro Lime Tilapia with Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice (or brown rice if you eat that sort of thing)

Ingredients
  • 4 Tilapia fillets
  • 1/4 cup Cilantro, finely chopped
  • 2 T lime juice
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 2 T olive oil
Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  • In Ziploc bag, combine all ingredients.  Ensure that all fillets are evenly coated.  Remove all air from bag, and let fish rest at room temperature for ~30 minutes.
  • Place into greased baking pan, make sure to dump the marinade into the pan as well – this will allow for especially moist fish.
  • Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of your fillets.
  • Remove from oven. Serve over a bed of Cilantro lime cauliflower "rice", and a veggie (my family likes to eat steamed broccoli with it). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment