background

Thursday, December 26, 2013

It's Goin' Down!



Yup! This is happening peeps! I decided I needed something to take my mind off the whole baby thang, so what better way than spending hours and hours and hours training and running all by myself... hmmm. Sooooo yeah, this race will line up perfectly with my marathon training (which has pretty much been non-existent since San Antonio). Uhhh, oops. But whatevs, I'm not planning to PR or anything given my recent running hiatus, but I know this is what I need to do. After all, I have had this sign
(literal and figurative) staring me down every single day for the last year! The Austin Livestrong Marathon is schedule for February 16th, although I'll be honest and tell you that I have not registered for it yet :o

In other news, my Christmas wish is that God would open up doors for us to expand our family, be it through a surrogate (willing to carry our baby for little to no financial gain) or adoption. I keep dreaming about what our third child would look like, since Max and Emma look so different from each other, it just really makes me wonder!

Here's a little photo dump for ya of what's been goin' on around here lately...

a little family hayride action

Max & Emma's first trip to the dentist. Max did AWESOME!

Emma was little squirrelly, but did pretty good too :)

The kids had their first fishing experience (didn't catch anything)

We checked out the new Austin Children's Museum

Took a tour of the Krispy Kreme donut store and got to make our own donuts!


Max had eye surgery to correct his strabismus

sweet baby passed out after his post-surgery popsicle
 
 

 
 
Made and sold 5 wreaths and 2 signs and 2 outfits for our baby fund! Woop!
Thank you to stranger in Washington, Memi, Jill & Bobbie for buying my stuff - you guys rock!

First Santa experience where no tears were shed and no one freaked out - woop!
Is it weird that I'm a little sad that they are no longer terrified of the Big Man?
 
Visited Grandma (Jason's Gma) in the hospital after she had her leg amputated.

Christmas with Jason's mom and step-dad!

Emma and daddy having a tea party at Gram and Poppy's
Christmas with Jason's dad and step-mom

Such a girly girl :)

Jammin' out with Papa G. Budding musician in the making?

Emma got to hand deliver the gifts we picked out for Preh (our angel tree child). Max was too busy playing soccer with the other boys and couldn't be bothered. Boys.

Looked at neighborhood Christmas lights, and Max would have sat here staring at the "trains that go by themselves" ALL night if we let him!

Made fun Christmas cookies

Went to Candlelight Christmas Eve service with our friends at our church

It's a wonder Max didn't catch Memi's hair on fire!

What? It doesn't snow inside your church on Christmas Eve?
 
So while we were at Jason's dad's, we ordered in some Chinese food. Before we left, Jason shoved a bunch of fortune cookies in my purse, and I had completely forgotten about them until I was cleaning out the black hole that is my purse the other day. One of the cookies was smashed to bits and I was about to throw it in the trash, but thought I'd open it up to read the fortune first. Upon read the fortune, I realized that it was another one of God's little love notes. It gives me chills every time I read it... "Enjoy what you have, hope for what you lack." Thank you Lord for reminding me of this, I guess we could all stand to be reminded of this every now and again. I hope you all had a wonderful and blessed Christmas!
 
-Candice

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment