background

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Reunited and it feels so good...

Sooo, bad blogger of the year award goes to... moi! Sorry 'bout that. I'm just not the type to write something for the sake of writing something, and truth is, there really hasn't been a whole lot to write about these days, not to mention Spring Break and just life in general. BUT, I am super pumped about recently reuniting with my BFF! Even though we haven't spoken or seen each other in 5 years, I still call her my BFF and always will. Truth.

9th grade Homecoming dance

I reached out to her and was so excited to that she wanted to reconnect as well! Turns out, she's pregnant with her first child!! She invited me to her baby shower and I could not have been more excited! I whipped up some bibs, cute little onesies, and my very first baby blanket, along with a few of my favorite baby/mama items! I love babies!!!
I was nervous that it might be weird, but those fears were quickly squashed when I was finally able to give her the hug I'd been wanting to giver her for SOOO LONG! We kinda just picked up where we left off, well as best we could with a 5 year gap and with a bizzillion people all around. It was nice, and I can't wait to go back once baby Myka is born next month!


I have a lot of regret though. Regret that I was so selfish and prideful. That I waited so long. That I didn't have the courage to just reach out sooner, to put hurt feelings aside and focus on what really matters. Having a friend who has been with you since you were just kids, knows everything about you, the good, the bad, and the ugly, and who you share endless memories, inside jokes, and secrets with, is a rare and precious gift.

My 16th birthday, aka first time in a limo!

fun times with balloons

Churn that butta! Dan's 17th? Birthday at Joe's Crab Shack

I think this was the day she moved to Houston :( Hence the fake smiles
My bachelorette party
Maid of honor speech at my wedding


on her wedding day :)

Danielle, I thank God everyday for you and for the many years we have had together as BFFs, and pray that there are many, many more to come :) Thanks for being my friend best friend, oh and please don't be mad about the Joe's Crab Shack pic ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment