background

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Candice's Crafty Corner & Week 8 Half Training

Sorry I've been a little MIA this week, I have been bustin' my buns cranking out some amazingly cute décor for my MOPS (moms of pre-schoolers) group. I cannot tell you how pumped I am to see it all come together. Eek! The theme is a "Beautiful Mess", seems pretty a propos for me! Here are some of the super cute things we have made...
 
plain tiles + scrapbook paper + mod podge + vinyl chalkboard labels = new food labels!

How freakin' awesome are these centerpieces?! Seriously, so excited to see a vision come to life and for it turn out so stinkin' cute!

Scrappy flower pens (please excuse the band aid, I had a little rotary cutter incident.
10 Ways to Make a Garland from A Beautiful Mess via Craft Gossip
Made several of these beauties!
 
So, this one I am recreating with a little somethin' somethin' extra - I really hope it turns out as awesome as I hope it will! I'll post the pic when I'm finished!
 
So yeah, that's what I've been up to lately! But even with all this crafting overload, I still managed to get my runs in this week. Holla! I indulged WAY too much over the labor day weekend, and I'll admit that I took several days off last week (um, like Tuesday through um, this past Tuesday... um yeah), so I decided to re-start week 10 this week. When you fall down, you just have to get back up!
 
 

But, I laced up and hit the pavement Tuesday for my scheduled 4.5 mile run and killed it, like a boss! It was about 2 minutes slower than my last 4.5 mile run on 8/27 (40:57), but whatevs, it was HOT as balls out there! Then I got in my speed training on the treadmill today, 9x400 (about 2.5 miles with a little cool down). 


I've got a 5 miler on tap for tomorrow (at pace speed) and then round out the week with a nice 10 miles - whew! I sure hope I can do it, I'm a little freaked out about it right now if you wanna know the truth! I haven't run 10 miles in quite a while, so I'm pretty nervous. I'll be reciting Philippians 4:13 over and over and over in my head the whole time! I plan on working my way up to 13 miles and then alternate my long runs between 8-12 miles in the weeks leading up to my half in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment