background

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

You Can Call Me Queen Bee...

"I crave a different kind of buzz..." (Royals by Lorde - my new fav song)

I'm talkin' Runner's High baby! I get it on occasion, but not nearly as often as I'd like. But I got to experience this euphoric bliss this morning on my 4.5 mile run! The weather was great this morning, cloudy, cool, still a little humid, but for August in Texas, it was Ah-maze-ing! So, the greatest hubs in the world let me take advantage and watched the kiddos while I hit the pavement. Love that man! 

Naturally, my Garmin was dead, despite being "plugged in" and "charging" overnight. Does anyone else have issues with their Garmin not connecting properly? Or am I the only lucky one with a lemon?! So frustrating! Anyhoo, I rolled with the run keeper app today, which is generally off about .2 miles, so keep that in mind if you are using that or any other smart phone app as your time/distance keeper. 

It was pretty liberating not feeling the need to look down at my watch every 2 minutes to see my pace. I had no clue if I was dragging ass or hauling it! I knew my route was 4.5 miles, so I didn't need to check my phone (which was shoved in a Ziploc in my bra!) and as I pulled it out to stop the time as I entered my driveway, I was floored to see an avg pace of 9:06! Literally. I collapsed on my living room floor. Sweet! I really needed this today, I was feeling a little down about my paces lately, but now I know it really was just the heat slowing me down. Now I can conquer the rest of week 8 with a new found confidence!
That's me. On the floor. Saying "Whoa"

As I lay there on the floor, my sweet Emma rubs my sweaty cheek and says, "mommy are you ok? Maybe rolling your leg will make you feel better. Yeah. I go get it." And off she went to get the roller. Ahh I love this girl! 
Emma sporting her finally finished game day Aggie dress! 

In other running news, I got in my 9 mile run on Saturday. 
Ran to the Y and met the fam for some pool time action!

Not gonna lie, I did have to stop and walk a few times, it started warming up quite a bit after the first 4 miles, and it took everything in me to NOT run through the splash pad that was next to the trail! But I made it! I came in at a 10:38 min/mile pace. Not awful. But not great either. But I do take some relief in knowing that I have an extra month of training now that I switch from the Jazz Half to the San Antonio Rock n Roll Half. Plenty of time to get that pace down and where it needs to be! 


Let's see, what else has been going on??? Oh, I got Pinspired again and decided make a new wreath for our front door in preparation for fall. Until yesterday, we had a Valentine's wreath up there that I made at MOPS in February, no lie! Unfortunately, they didn't have the maroon chevron burlap I was looking for at Michaels, so I'll have to check hobby lobby today, but here it is so far...
 

I hope to add the chevron around it and make a bow at the bottom to finish it off. The idea is to have it be Aggie theme without all the logo hoopla - more subtle, you know what I mean? Anyway, it was super easy and only took about 30 min! Seriously! Here's the tutorial I used. Plus, you can go to Michael's or Jo-Ann's this wknd and get 15% off your total purchase (including sale items, with coupon)! Score! I know I'll be there! Here's a really cute dress I'm thinking about making:

Oh, and I am totes in LOVE with the ruffle shirt underneath!

Anyway, I'll leave you with some funny things my kids have said lately...
Emma at the dinner table: "mommy, I just put my strawberry in mouth jail!"
Max at bedtime: "daddy, you forgot to pray silly goose!"
Emma after church eating lunch: "I just don't know what Jesus is doing in Heaven, I guess when I get there I can ask him what he doing"
Emma in the backseat while daddy was dropping off dry cleaning yesterday: "daddy, why he a boy daddy?! (Really loud, over and over) ahem, the employee was a very masculine female. Where does she get this stuff?! 
Out of the mouths of babes! Good times! 

I hope you all have a fabulous week and holiday weekend! 
 
-Candice


No comments:

Post a Comment