background

Friday, March 15, 2013

Well hello there 120's, it's been a while!

originally written 9/17/12

That's right folks... I am officially in the 120's again (129, but still)! It's been over 5 years, maybe even longer since I have been able to honestly say that! Super pumped about it! While I am proud of myself for reaching this "goal" (I use this term lightly as I am not really concerned with the number on the scale as I am with the reflection in the mirror), I still feel like I have a ways to go. I don't think I have an unhealthy body image or unrealistic expectations, but there is definitely a certain way that I hope to look (flatter stomach, thinner legs, less cellulite, blah blah blah, same as every woman in America, right?!) Here is a side by side comparison from when I started Ripped in 30 two weeks ago, and today (just completed week 2).






It's hard to really see a difference, but when you compare it to where I started back in June, you can definitely see the changes.
(still shudder when I look at these - yuck!)

I love seeing my body change and feeling it get stronger and knowing that I am breaking through barriers and setting personal bests, it's very empowering! I wasn't sure if I would really be able to do this whole half marathon thing, but low and behold I ran 6.2 miles the other day (granted it was on a treadmill b/c it was raining), but I couldn't believe it when I moved the towel and saw that I had ran 1.2 miles more than what I had set out to do! (on a side note, in case you were wondering, I always put a towel over the treadmill tracker b/c seeing the time and distance always psychs me out) And the really incredible part was that I could have kept going! I know, right! But alas, I had been running for 68 minutes and needed to go pick up my babies, or believe me I would have kept going just to see how far my legs would take me! I may be slow as all get out, but at least I am running the.whole.time! I am thinking about running a 10K before I take on the half - we'll see. In the meantime, my goal is to work up to 10-11 miles before the half (never knew this, but apparently you don't actually run a bunch of half marathons to train for the half), I've been told 10-11 miles is all you need to work up to, and on the day of the race, your adrenaline and body will carry you the rest of the way to the finish - I sure hope so!

Anyways, I attribute good music on my run mix to being able to "just keep running", but am always looking for more songs to add to the playlist and would love to know what your favorite running/workout songs are? What's on your playlist?

Keep Calm and Run On :)

No comments:

Post a Comment