background

Friday, March 15, 2013

So far, so good!

originally written 2/8/12

Well, I did my first weigh in yesterday since I started on this whole journey and woo hoo - I am down 2.5 lbs! Not really sure how that happened after the mass load of bad food I ate Super Bowl Sunday! But hey, I'll take it! So one of the hardest things for me is menu planning... 9 times out of 10 I sit at the computer searching for things to make for dinner (healthy options) and I usually get frustrated and give up, but something got into me yesterday, maybe it was the good mood I was in after weighing myself?? But, I wrote up a menu plan for the whole freakin month - woot woot! And it's all relatively healthy stuff (ww recipes, pinterest healthy recipes, stuff from skinny taste, etc). Here's a sampling of our meals this week:

Wed - grilled chicken salad with lots of veggies and hard boiled egg for extra protein
Thurs - turkey spaghetti with zuccini and squash (maybe add some spinach and/or kale too??)
Friday - Shake n Bake pork chops and corn
Saturday - WW Shepard's Pie (never had this before, hope it's good!)
Sunday - Chicken tortilla soup

*we eat leftovers for lunch

I've been pretty good about working out too. After my workout yesterday, I was all ready to hop on the treadmill and start the c25k running program, but when I got my phone to get some tuneage goin, I saw that I had 6 missed calls and a text that Mr. Max had a fever and I needed to go get him from MDO, wah wah wah :( So... I guess the c25k will have to wait. Jason is working at the office today, so it won't be happening today either, but def tomorrow!

BTW - Max is fine, but the MDO people did a good job of totally freaking me out! They told me that he wasn't acting himself, and that he had a slight fever and get this... had a couple "tremors" - what the hell does that mean?? Of course, the follow that up with a comforting, "No to freak you out or anything, but you may want to watch him" - really?! Well no sh!t! Max has never had a "tremor" before, so I'm not sure what they are talking about?? When we came home, he was totally fine, happy, took a good nap, ate great, so... yeah. In other news, Emma is recovering very well from her face plant into the coffee table. Her lip is no longer swollen, and her cuts are all but healed - thank goodness! She is one tough cookie!

In other news, Jason's offical "start date" as a full time (no longer contract) employee at Bank of America will be Feb. 21st! So proud of him! He works so hard to provide for our family and I feel incredibly blessed that the Lord has provided for us and allowed me to be able to stay home with my babies, even if some days I would rather be far, far away from them! Please tell me I am not the only horrible mother who doesn't want to be around their kids every.single.second.of.the.day! I gotta tell ya, it's def not always sunshine and rainbows, and who ever tells you that it is, is LYING! I swear, I really don't know where they get the incredible amount of energy that they have, other than completely sucking it out of me! Oh, before I forget, does anyone have any advice on how to get the little hellians to stop banging on the tv? Or to stop throwing food on the floor? Apparently, they live in opposite world, where no means, yes, hit the tv some more! yes, thorw your food on the floor so you can eat it like a dog later! Ay de mi! Isn't parenting fun?! But, then there are the moments like yesterday, when for no reason, Emma went up to her brother, gave him a kiss on the head and then gave him a hug - so precious! Anywho... I have got to get this laundry done! Please tell me I am not the only one who has left clothes in the washing machine for 2 days and had to wash it yet again - ugh! I will defeat the laundry today!

Happy hump day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment