background

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My whole body hurts!

So... I did this kettle bell workout on MONDAY, after making up a 3 mile run... and my body still hates me today! I haven't been this sore in a VERY long time!

Or at least that's what I keep telling myself!
 
I then decided yesterday morning to make up my 6 mile run (that I didn't do this past weekend), and holy hell it was HOT! It certainly wasn't my best run ever (not even close). I was sore, stiff, and hot! The last 2 miles were straight up a walk/run!

I'm still 2 days behind, but after tomorrow will only be 1 day behind. I DO NOT suggest getting behind on your training schedule, catching up SUCKS! If I wake up early on Friday and get my run in before heading out of town, I will be all caught up, Then I just have to practice some dedication and get my Saturday run in at some point this weekend! Luckily, this week's "long run" is just a 5K race, and since I'm not signed up for a race, I'll just pound the pavement at 5K pace and call it a day, and wrap up week 3 of training!

I am definitely one of those people that have to have some kind of schedule to follow. Something with a beginning and an end. An end game. A goal. I tend to fall off the wagon (like way off) when I don't have some kind of structure to hold me accountable to myself.

So, I saw this yesterday and I have decided that I have to have one!
I think I am going to get the half 1:50 pace bracelet. I don't think I will get a marathon one, since it will pretty much just be a miracle if I can FINISH it without dying!

I am pretty pumped about this weekend. Some girlfriends and I are going on a sewing retreat! I know, I'm a weirdo. But, hey any excuse for a girls weekend away right?! And bonus, I come back with some cute new outfits for Emma! Here's a little somethin' somethin' I whipped up for her yesterday to gear up for this weekend...
I know, the buttons aren't centered, I need to fix that!
  
Our digs for the retreat... not too shabby!

a little sneak of what I hope to finish this weekend!

Oh, and before I forget... you have to try this recipe - DELISH! It's a copy cat recipe for these amazing balls of yumminess!

Coco-Roons

1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup almond flour
1 1/2 T coconut oil
3T maple syrup
1/4 t almond extract
1 t vanilla extract
1/8 t sea salt
2 T unsweetened cocoa nibs

Preheat oven to 200*. Put all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until combined. Portion into 10 balls (I used a melon baller), and put on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes, then turn the heat off and leave them in the oven until completely cooled. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.

They are AMAZE-BALLS (see what I did there, hehe)

Hope you guys have a great week and weekend!

-Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment