background

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Week 4 & Sewing Retreat Deets

Hey, hey! Well, I am almost half way through week 4 of training, woop woop! and still a few days behind on the schedule, oops! But, I did manage to get my run in while on my weekend sewing retreat - so there's that! And actually, I was quite impressed with my pace/time considering the massive hill country hills I had to run up - like whoa! Somehow, I managed to keep a 9:45 minute mile pace for those 3 miles - I'll take it! Must of been all the sewing... it's good for the soul :)

I'm pretty proud of what I was able to accomplish this weekend, sewing wise (being the novice sewer that I am), check it out...

Emma's apron dress (still need to add a little somethin' to it) I think she likes it :)
 
The bag that took like 6 hours to make! But it sure is cute!
 
  Emma's Aggie gameday dress (still need to add the applique to the bottom)
 
Bag doubles as a chef's hat - it's so versatile!

So now I just have the sewing bug and can't wait to make more stuff! I'm a nerd, I know!

Today's workout was AWESOME! It was one of those workouts/runs that feel so good and cathartic, you know?? I did 3.5 miles on the treadmill (since it was already 86 degrees outside at 9am!), and then followed that up with an upper body tabata Tuesday weight workout! I felt like I was in beastmode! I love feeling my muscles getting bigger - seriously, how do dudes not sit around feeling their muscles all the time?! Maybe I'm the only weirdo!

 

In other news, we finally made it out with the kids to see the bats fly out of the Congress Ave Bridge. J's cousin and his family were in town Sunday, so we thought it seemed like a fun thing to do after eating at the best.place.ever aka Shady Grove. Four words. Green Chili Cheese Fries. Ah-Maze-Ing. Mmm, I'll dream about it again tonight :)
Sorry for the uncropped pic, I totes stole it from facebook and was too lazy to fix it!
 
The ever famous Austin Bats!
 
Anyhoo, the dreaded incline workout is on tap for tomorrow... kill me now! Oh, and I think decided to nix the Dallas Marathon and shoot for the Austin Marathon February 16th - 201 days away baby, bay-be. But who knows, I may change my mind again - we'll see! Oh, and I am going to check my body fat % this Friday - my goal was to get it down to 21%, so we'll see where I am with that goal. I'm nervous and excited - I guess as long as it goes down, I can't be disappointed, right?! (BTW - in April it was around 30% - yikes! A freakin' 1/3 of my body was FAT - eww!)

Except maybe oreos and milk!
 
 
-Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment