background

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Rainy Day Running

It kinda sucks when the temperature finally drops down to the glorious 70s and 80s, but it won't stop pouring long enough to take advantage and get a good run in :( womp womp! So what's a girl to do? Skip it and eat buy one get one Twix on the couch :) Um, no (although I totally did that on my off day, no lie).

We have a membership at the Y down the street, which we LOVE, HELLO free family Friday, holla! I'll admit, it is not the greatest in terms of a workout facility, but it gets the job done. So, I hit the 'ol dreadmill for my run this morning. I decided to try out this 30 minute incline treadmill workout from PBfingers. Girlfriend has an S-ton of treadmill workouts on her site, you totes need to go check it out!

Can I just say, HOLY COW! That work out was intense! I'd be lying if I said I didn't need to hold on to the machine the last 10 or 15 seconds of the 14 and 15 incline runs! I was sweating like a whore in church! There was def no boredom in this workout! So that took care of my 3 miles today, and tomorrow I've got a 30 min tempo run on tap. Last week I did my first tempo run on the treadmill since I'm not used to doing them and it's a lot easier to control my speed (I am quite clumsy sometimes and would surely trip and fall if I had to continuously look down at my Garmin for 30 min - you feel me?). Here's what my tempo run looked like...

 
 
So yeah, I am head long into week 2 of Hal Higdon's Intermediate Half Training, and so far, all is going well! I wish I could say the same for being a parent to 2 1/2 year old twins! Ugh, we are full on in the terrible 2s and I may have to admit myself into the loony bin - seriously folks! I just have to keep reminding myself that This too shall pass. In other news, both kids have decided that peeing outside on the grass is awesome - whatevs, as long as it's only in our yard. Oh and also, they have chose peeing on their floor out of spite as the retaliation of choice when in time out. Awesome. Parenting is fun y'all!
 
It's a good thing they're cute!
 
Have a great week!
 
-Candice
 

1 comment:

  1. Im in week two of Hal's half training also :) Although Im not sure I could attempt that treadmill workout quite yet :)

    ReplyDelete