background

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Show Goes On...

In light of what happened in Boston on Monday, I have officially decided to take the plunge into marathon training. I have been on the fence about this for a while, but this was just the motivation I needed to convict me of what I need to do. We cannot let these monsters think for even a second that they have won or crushed our spirit in any way. We are runners. We are strong. And we will prevail. I run for me. I run for Him. I run for Boston.

 
 
I am still working on mapping out all of the logistics, but here's my plan so far...
 
October 12th - NOLA Jazz Half (and celebrate the hubs bday)
November 17th - Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon in San Antonio
January 19th - 3M Austin Half Marathon
March 23rd - Rock 'n Roll Dallas Marathon
 
If I end up feeling prepared before the Rock 'n Roll in Dallas, I may run the full in Austin. We shall see.
 
In the meantime, I am frick frackin ready to rid myself of these last 10-15 pounds yo! I have seriously gained almost 10 pounds since I ran the Dallas half back in December before we moved. Hmmm, not good with change much???
 
Gotta go, I've got a date with Sean T followed by murdering some hills!
 
Happy Hump Day!
 
-Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment